Today's security and isolation booths are often the best step you
can take to protect your employees. But do they protect or help maintain
your very important good will? Not if clerks and customers have to
shout and growl and repeat themselves to be heard or understood.
How it Works
Norcon's patented TTU-1 Talk-Thru Communicator provides hands-free communication
between people separated by security or isolation barriers. It is
the most widely used barrier intercom system of its type in the world.
The TTU-1 provides clear communication even in environments with
high ambient noise through the use of compression circuitry which
helps to reduce loud, annoying sounds.
Unwanted background noise is minimized through the use of automatic
volume attenuation circuitry. If the gooseneck microphone is not
used for 30 seconds, the outside channel volume will be reduced
approximately 70%. Normal operation is restored as soon as the attendant
speaks into the gooseneck microphone.
- Clear, 2-way hands-free voice communication
- Rugged, tamper-resistant materials
- Simple, one-person installation
- Headset jack permits telephone style headset or wireless microphone
- Units available for ADA applications
- Optional battery-powered version (with rechargeable nickel cadmium
- Optional bullet-resistance (shield rated up to .357 Magnum service
loads--higher level bullet resistant shields available)
- Optional removable gooseneck microphone
- Export models available with 220VAC
- One year warranty on base unit (optional two years extended warranty available)
Installation of the TTU-1 is a simple, one-person operation. All
that's needed is a 3-4 inch cutout in the barrier. Four fasteners
and two rubber gaskets for mounting are supplied with the unit.
The fasteners are used to mount the front face and housing on opposite
sides of the barrier. The electronic section is then inserted into
the housing and fastened in place. The rubber gaskets prevent slippage
and protect the barrier surface. Please specify barrier
thickness when ordering.
All Norcom Talk-Thru systems are shipped complete with mounting hardware,
instructions, and power supply.
For purchasing information, please contact
our sales department.
Click here for installation and operations manual